Object | Sabatino - New Colombo Coat

Do you ever look at your closet and realize that you've snowed in on a particular color? That like ninety percent of everything you've bought in the last couple of months is just in different nuances of what is basically the same color?

Well, I took a look at my own wardrobe a couple of months ago and realized that I've been overdosing on grey. Since then I've been trying to steer clear of it and instead been buying black, navy and my new favorite, beige. It's started to get to the point where I've just traded one obsession for another. Fortunately I haven't that many beige garments in my closet yet, so I can keep obsessing for a while longer.

This colombo coat, which comes courtesy of Opening Ceremony, is my latest fix in this color-addiction of mine. It's made by the enigmatic, supposedly japanese brand Sabatino that I first encountered in GQ's 2008 Buyer's Club in the form of a certain shawl-collared cardigan. As I said there's not much info on the brand nor the piece itself so this recommendation is based purely on my own personal impression of it, but as far as looks goes this is pretty rad. The aesthetics is clean and uncluttered, the fit is spacious which is great as it allows for some serious layering, perfect for fall. Detailing include hidden buttoning, button-adjustable sleeves and one vent in the back. Do I even need to mention the fact that I'm crazy about the color?

No comments:

Post a Comment